Size: 97 x 97
Technique: Hand Appliquéd, Hand Pieced & Hand Quilted
Winner of the international competition in Quilter's Newsletter to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the magazine's existence, Rita designed the Center Medallion, two splendid horses pulling a carriage with the inscription " Big Parade " and it's surrounding 12 blocks to invite the viewer to a land of imagination and inspiration, the theme of the contest. A parade to celebrate the event - a parade of blocks, set in the fashion of a Baltimore Album quilt, displays symbols of the joyous event: Music for one, symbolized by the harp, sets the tone and the decorated flowers in garlands and cornucopias set the ambiance to praise the occasion.
* Cover of Quilter's Newsletter No. 365, 2004
* Featured in: 500 quilts by Karey Patterson Bresenhan by Lark
* Grand Prize of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine's Birthday Contest
* Special Exhibit: Baltimore Album Review II "Baltimore's Daughters - Friends Stitch Past to Future"
* IQA Quilt Market/Houston Oct. 30- Nov. 1
*IQA Festival/Houston Nov 4-7 2010